Caravan4Christmas

Bringing joy this Christmas to the children most affected by hurricane Katrina through the charitable donation of gifts.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The most giving

I figured today that the most giving people around are the CHILDREN!

Emily is 10 years old. She is the daughter of a former co-worker who was told about C4C. Emily took it upon herself to take matters into her own hands. I had not heard a thing until former co-worker emailed to tell me she had a van full of toys. Apparently, Emily decided to head up a toy drive at her school. When I say head up, I mean the child really did take charge. She made her own signs, decorated her own boxes, stood up in front of the school to announce and explain, and got C4C a WHOLE LOT of toys. Co-worker dropped them off this morning and I stood in shock. The amount of toys was fabulous, but the signs Emily made were priceless!


(Imagine a Christmas without presents. Help the hurricane victims.)