Caravan4Christmas

Bringing joy this Christmas to the children most affected by hurricane Katrina through the charitable donation of gifts.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Letter to Satan

Dear Satan,

I am writing to tell you that I think it is time you give up because I don't think you have any clue what you are up against here.

You can take two of my committee members and whisk them to far away cities. You can take a simple idea and turn it into a tax nightmare. You can throw emotional crises at my friends that need me the most right now. You can speak through people in piercing words like "Katrina has just been in our newspaper too much, it is time to move on." You can make FEMA nonresponsive and force them to ignore us. You can lure away my drivers until there are only two of us. You can tear down all of the posters I put up. You can sit me at a table for two hours with an empty gift box watching the passers-by. You can spin us in circles with nowhere to distribute our gifts. You can bring on the rain while my arms are full of toys. You can even bring tears to my eyes.

But you you know what? You can not stop this and you will not break me. God put this idea in my head and He is guiding me the whole way to accomplishing it. He is making me steadfast and stubborn. For every single bump you build in the road, He shows me a detour. You really have no chance up against this team.

So if you insist, then bring it on! But you have been warned.

With all sincerity,
Laura B.